Tank Rental Games
There's a new
game in town.
From time to time, some propane companies will try to create the impression of a "lower price" for propane - by raising the price of tank rental.
It may sound a little odd, but this scheme may add the equivalent of 5 or even 15 cents per litre to the price of propane at a typical home.
And since these companies won't point this out, we will.
Consider these Common Examples:
- A typical propane fireplace installation consumes 1000 litres of propane per year.
- Sparling's Tank Rental is $49.95 per year ($4.16 per month) - or the equivalent of 5 cents per litre.
- If another company charges $99.00 per year ($8.25 per month) for tank rental - that's the equivalent of paying an extra 5 cents per litre for propane.
Some propane companies charge up to $199.00 per year for tank rental. That's the equivalent of paying an extra 15 cents per litre on a fireplace installation, or an extra 6 cents per litre for home heating.
A typical home heating installation consumes 2,500 litres of propane per year.
- Sparling's Tank rental is $49.95 per year ($4.16 per month) - or the equivalent of 2 cents per litre
- If another company charges $99.00 per year ($8.25 per month) - that's the equivalent of paying an extra 2 cents per litre for propane.
- If you are quoted a price based on this scheme, do your own simple math:
Price of Propane + Price of Tank Rental = Actual Price
To calculate the price of tank rental in cents per litre, simply divide the annual tank rental by the number of litres of propane you use each year.
Sparling's Promise to You:
A fair price for propane.
A fair charge for tank rental.
And no Games.